Information as of Oct 21, 2019.
• Number of faculty: 33
• Number of Adjunct Faculty: 3
• Number of Visiting Faculty: 1
• Number of Institute Postdoctoral Fellows: 1
• Number of Project Postdoctoral Fellows: 3
• Number of Technical Staff: 8
• Number of Ministerial Staff: 6
• Number of Instructional Labs: 3
• Number of Research Labs: 20
• B.Tech.: The admissions are governed by the rules of IIT JEE .
• M.Tech./M.S./Ph.D.: The admissions criteria is that the candidate has to clear the tests and interviews. The selection procedure is available here.
The recruitment criteria of the institute is followed by the department. The call for regular appointments is available here.
To teach with passion, to seek and radiate new knowledge with vigor, and to participate in building our nation's digital base with commitment and integrity
1. Develop education and research in frontier areas such as algorithm engineering, computer systems, machine learning cyber security, human-computer interaction, & Artificial Intelligence at par with this department's reputation in theoretical computer science.
2. Develop large research programs with government and industrial funding.
3. Develop a critical mass of faculty, undergraduate researchers, M.Tech/MS/PhD students and post-doctoral fellows in target areas
4. Develop a funding level from sponsored research and consultancy that is unparalleled in India.
5. Develop presence in online education for scalable dissemination of knowledge nationally and internationally.
6. Try to recruit more women faculty and researchers and continue to improve the environment conducive to women faculty.
7. Make the department a great place to work for all employees and students.